Canon MP Navigator EX crashes in Windows 7 when trying to scan

Amazingly simple fix for this, yet mind-boggling as to why it works.  I run Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium on my desktop PC, and MP Navigator kept crashing whenever I tried to scan something from my Canon Pixma all-in-one.

This solution is courtesy of some posters on answers.microsoft.com .  There are some shortcuts in a directory, maybe from when your PC manufacturer installed Windows.  I only had a MSN link in there. You may want to back up other shortcuts if you have added some yourself and copy them to the Desktop or add them to your browser bookmarks.

THE FIX:

"Believe it or not, the solution to this is so much simpler.

Go to the following directory:

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts

And delete the short cut in there to web sites.

All fixed!"

Comments

  1. Wow this worked for me too .. makes no sense, but I'll take it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this worked for me too .. makes no sense, but I'll take it. Thanks! - Canon MP620 MP 620

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable, also for me it works

    ReplyDelete
  4. It works ridiculously! Thank you so much! - Canon MX328

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! Our CanoScan 8800F is no longer brain dead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! Our CanoScan 8800F is no long brain dead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't thank you enough - Canoscan 5600F

    ReplyDelete
  8. It worked for me too, strangest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No shortcuts show up. This fix doesn't work for me. any other suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  10. didn't work. I have no shortcuts in the directory. I'm getting really frustrated with this problem. Any other suggestions. I've already deleted the canon software and drivers and reinstalled evertyhing. Still nothing is working. MP Navigator continues to crash when I run it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same here, Rich C. Crashes on Win7 but works fine on xp..
    (no shortcuts here either.) MG5250 printer/scanner.
    Reinstalled several times with new and old drivers. Currently using an xp laptop to scan and copying scans to win7 machine...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Domain registrar pricing comparison (2014)

How to block the Admiral anti ad-block detection message

usoclient.exe in Windows 10 wakes up my PC with Wake Source: Unknown