Manual duplex (two-sided) printing on a Brother laser printer

I have a Brother HL-2280DW black & white laser printer.  I try to save paper by printing duplex when I can.  But sometimes the pages are on separate PDFs or image files.  I know I can use some free software like pdfsam but when I just need to print it out, I don't care to have a merged PDF.

The Brother support web site drove me nuts when I tried to find the information.  The short and easy method:

1) print your first page
2) take the printed page out, open the paper tray
3) put the in paper in with the printed side face DOWN [edit: this reversed on me later, what gives?  needed to be face UP - please add a comment if you know why it changes], with the top of the printed content toward the rear of the tray.
4) print your second page.  You should now have a perfect two-sided page with the words showing from the top down on both sides.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domain registrar pricing comparison (2014)

How to block the Admiral anti ad-block detection message

usoclient.exe in Windows 10 wakes up my PC with Wake Source: Unknown