How to log into web UI for LaView or Hikvision doorbell cam

When I first installed my LaView doorbell cam, setup was fairly straightforward with the LaView Connect app. But I also wanted to be able to view the doorbell stream from my PC. I could never log into the admin app despite following the limited instructions with the cam as well as this ipcamtalk thread. In the year 2018-2019, I thought that I would at least be able to authenticate using Chrome or FireFox like I can with my other IP cams, but the key for the doorbell cam is to use Microsoft IE. There may also be an IE plug-in you can use in Chrome (see above ipcamtalk thread). I was successful logging in with IE11. Here are the steps, with screenshots:

Obtain the verification code from the doorbell cam (behind the security cover). For example, assume the code for mine is FQWERT - most of the documentation online uses ABCDEF:

Next, in Internet Explorer, access the login screen. You'll need to find the doorbell cam's IP address in your wi-fi router's device list. I couldn't find the cam's IP address in the LaView Connect app. For example: http://192.168.1.78 . Login with username: admin and password: adminFQWERT (replace FQWERT with your actual verification code).

If you're successful, you'll be prompted to download some Web components. I did not need to be running IE in elevated / administrator mode in order to install and allow the plug-ins. As much as I hate having to install these sketchy components, it's the price you pay for being able to view the stream from your desktop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domain registrar pricing comparison (2014)

How to block the Admiral anti ad-block detection message

usoclient.exe in Windows 10 wakes up my PC with Wake Source: Unknown