Bank of America 3% online stores - which ones worked?

Some Bank of America credit cards started allowing you to choose a 3% cash back category starting in 2019. For me, it was a no-brainer to elect to earn for Online Shopping, since I have other cards that have higher cash back percentages for gas, groceries (American Express Blue Cash Preferred), etc. But there's been some questions around which online stores actually qualify. I was most disappointed to see that a large eBay purchase did not qualify, as I could have used my Citi Double Cash card to effectively earn 2% on that purchase instead! I will be periodically updating this list. Broadly speaking, it looks like online apparel and travel booking are working so far. This will be a good reference list - if anyone has any others to add, please comment!

Received 3% bonus from online purchases:

  • Expedia.com
  • Fandango.com
  • Gap.com
  • Loft.com
  • Alaska Airlines (alaskaair.com)
  • Hawaiian Airlines (hawaiianairlines.com)
  • Southwest Airlines (southwest.com)
  • Newegg.com (verified June 2021)

DID NOT receive 3% bonus - only earned 1% back:

  • Dave and Busters mobile app (recharge game chips)
  • Mint Mobile - (mintmobile.com)
  • eBay purchase using PayPal (I am shocked as I read that others got a bonus)
  • State Farm insurance (statefarm.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domain registrar pricing comparison (2014)

How to block the Admiral anti ad-block detection message

usoclient.exe in Windows 10 wakes up my PC with Wake Source: Unknown