Laview PDB1520F1 doorbell cam ONVIF RTSP URL

I recently set up Shinobi to replace an old NVR system, to support newer assorted cameras consisting of LaView, Amcrest, and Reolink brand cameras. While most of these are likely some re-brand of Dahua or Hikvision, it was still hard to find all the necessary information.  The manuals are definitely lacking, even if some of them were written in plain English.

The LaView PDB1520F1 was the hardest.  It appears to be a re-brand of the Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP.  There are several other brands that appear to be the same, such as the RCA HSDB1.

When I tried to add the LaView doorbell to my Shinobi monitors list, it kept failing the probes no matter what I tried.  I searched endlessly, but was using the wrong keywords.  I kept seeing posts where people said to flash the LaView firmware ONTO the Hikvision or other re-branded cams in order to get the ONVIF stream. But I couldn't find the ONVIF details in those posts.

First, I installed the ONVIF Device Manager 2.2 (freely available online).  I then added the local IP address of my doorbell cam, but I wasn't seeing any details.  Finally, I figured out you have to enter your admin credentials in the upper left.  Unfortunately, the doorbell config doesn't allow you to add multiple users like you can with other IP cameras.  It appears to have the Hikvision OEM web console, but I can see that some features are disabled.

Once you add the IP address successfully, click on the "Imaging settings" link.  At the bottom, you will see the necessary RTSP URL for adding to Shinobi or other NVR software.  The port number is likely 554, and the RTSP URL looks like: rtsp://192.168.1.123:554/h264/ch01/main/av_stream





In hindsight, I searched online for "/h264/ch01/main/av_stream" and found references to various Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP threads, but these are the posts I couldn't find earlier.  Hopefully someone finds this helpful.

Here's the Shinobi monitor settings for the LaView doorbell stream in case anyone wants to refer to it:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domain registrar pricing comparison (2014)

How to block the Admiral anti ad-block detection message

usoclient.exe in Windows 10 wakes up my PC with Wake Source: Unknown